The rapid worldwide spread of the COVID-19 disease, also known as the coronavirus disease, has created a public health crisis the likes of which have not been seen for many years. Cummins Behavioral Health is closely monitoring developments in this unfolding situation, and the safety and well-being of our consumers and employees continues to be of utmost importance to us. First and foremost, if you are experiencing a mental health crisis during this challenging time, we encourage you to call our 24-hour emergency phone line at (888) 714-1927 Ext 1501.
We understand this crisis is impacting everyone’s daily life in various ways. We are dedicated to ensuring your safety while limiting the impact this health event has on the services we provide. We will continue to follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as federal, state and local governments to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 disease in our community. We are keenly focused on maintaining a safe environment for our employees and consumers while continuing to provide services.
We have robust integrated behavioral health processes in place, and they are managed by a dedicated team of professionals committed to ensuring your well-being and keeping our operations running as smoothly as possible during these trying times. As such, we have put the following response plan into action, effective immediately:
New Policies to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19:
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 and/or acute respiratory illness should not come in for therapy or counseling sessions. This policy applies to both consumers and members of our staff. Click here to reference the CDC’s official list of COVID-19 symptoms. Individuals who are ill and in need of hospitalization may be permitted entrance into our facilities in some circumstances.
- Until further notice, therapy sessions and other services will be conducted via telephone or video conference whenever possible. Individuals who are not ill and who have an imperative need for face-to-face care will be permitted into our facilities on a case-by-case basis. Your care provider will inform you how your sessions will be handled moving forward.
- Additionally, we have temporarily suspended our Open Access for initial assessments. Please call our offices at (888) 714-1927 Ext 1500 to schedule an initial appointment.
- All consumers and staff should follow the hygiene protocols laid out by the CDC both inside and outside Cummins’ facilities. These include frequently washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when soap and water isn’t available, coughing and sneezing into a tissue or the inside of your elbow instead of your hand, and refraining from touching your face with unclean hands. We invite you to visit the CDC’s webpages on handwashing and coughing and sneezing etiquette for more information.
- All individuals should practice social distancing to prevent the spread of illness. This means staying home when possible and only leaving the home when absolutely necessary, staying six or more feet away from other people, and reducing or eliminating large group gatherings.
We will continue to monitor this fluid situation and modify our response as necessary to ensure essential services to our consumers and our community. Check back with this page for further updates and changes to our policies as more information becomes available. We also recommend reviewing this COVID-19 Quick Facts Sheet prepared by the CDC.
For decades, Cummins has demonstrated unwavering support to our consumers. In dealing with the present circumstances, we will continue to use every effort to deliver essential services to all our clients to the utmost of our ability. On behalf of everyone here at Cummins, we appreciate your cooperation and support as we forge a path ahead during this uncertain time.